What data do we collect?
The Center for Thomas More Studies collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, and phone number) that you enter when required
- Information about your computer IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and your operating system
- Information contained in any communication that you send to us by email or through our websites, including its communication content and metadata
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that information in accordance with this policy.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the Center for Thomas More Studies with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies;
- Voluntarily complete the required information in Contact Us section;
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
We may also collect your personal identification information indirectly from PayPal when you:
- Voluntarily donate money to support the work of the Center for Thomas More Studies
How will we use your data?
The Center for Thomas More Studies collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, transaction and manage your account
- Administer our website and business
- Send you email with non-marketing response to any questions that you have
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send you email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you are no longer interested)
- Protect the Center for Thomas More Studies and our resources from malicious traffic, online attacks and prevent fraud
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to partner organizations (this means our partner organizations, the University of Dallas and its partner organizations) as a reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your information to third parties.
What are your data protection rights?
The Center for Thomas More Studies would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to recertification — You have the right to request that the Center for Thomas More Studies correct any information you believe is incorrect. You also have the right to request the Center for Thomas More Studies to complete information you believe incomplete.
The right to erasure — You have right to request that the Center for Thomas More Studies erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability — You have the right to request that the Center for Thomas More Studies transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. We may also charge you a small fee for requests.
The right to restrict processing — You have the right to request that the Center for Thomas More Studies restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us:
Call us at: (+1)972-265-5741
Or Write to us: 1845 East Northgate Dr., Box 475, Irving, TX, 75062
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect your information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
- Understand how you use the website
- Make our websites fully functionable
- Remember what notifications you have seen so we do not have to show them to you again
We use Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) to detect and block suspicious traffic that may lead to denial of service attacks, to protect the integrity of our system and other resources so we can support you longer, which may also leave some cookies on your computer.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies:
- On Google Chrome: Settings → Advanced → Site Settings → Cookies and site data
- On Apple Safari: Files → Preferences → Privacy → Block all cookies
- On Mozilla Firefox: Menu → Options → Privacy → Use custom settings for history → Uncheck the Accept cookies from sites box
- On Microsoft Edge: More → Settings → View advanced settings → Block all cookies in cookies drop-down menu
- On Microsoft Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet options → Privacy → Advanced → Click Block for First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies. → Uncheck Always allow session cookies (not recommended)
How to contact us?
Call us at: (+1)972-265-5741
Or Write to Us: 1845 East Northgate Drive, Box 475, Irving, TX, 75062